Wednesday, May 14, 2008

This makes me sad...

Topic: Really feeling sick to my stomach about 140
Posted by she81 (51) 13 May 2008
I absolutely believe it is an "entrapment". A fun-loving and chirpy soul I used to be but lately these immigration woes have started consuming me. I feel I am becoming a compulsive negative thinker and I can see its effect on other areas of my life too - as you said - it's hard to think straight.


Posted by syzygy (80) 23 hours 50 minutes ago
i fully agree, all this talk of backlog etc is bullshit. they just want to make our lives hell so uscis hand in glove with companies and lawyers can screw us for betterment of america. i stongly have feeling this place i not worth it and we all are doing biggest mistake of life by pursuing this moving target. there are much better places on earth than america and god knows how long we have to live ? and we waste most of it doing slavery for uscis and america -- what a waste of life.

You all should watch Zeitgeist, The Movie. I am sure not all will agree with the notions, but in a way it is true we are living in a matrix (like the movie). But this one is sort of an entrapment in this case, it's all make-believe, because it's controlled. Things happening are real, albeit manipulated or manufactured.

It's like that Bush guy, keeps on repeating "Terrorist, terrorist, threats, blah blah blah blah", for so long, that eventually you give in & believe him subconsciously. Yes, this wait has made me loopy, I cannot think straight anymore, & that's the cold hard truth. Comments?


Posted by patientgirl (8) 23 hours 42 minutes ago
I was thinking something similar the other day. I feel that I became a very negative person with all this immigration processes and the backlog. It's our lives that are in the middle of all this... YEARS of our lives!!!! I had no idea this was going to be and FEEL like this... if I had known I would've stayed in my country, but after all this time that I have invested I don't know if it's best to wait or to go back. I miss feeling free. Is this really a FREE country?


Posted by misterHumble (66) 23 hours 17 minutes ago
hello she81,

i have been working in the US for 10+ years and i wished i was half a paranoid about my GC as many of you and applied sooner rather than chasing startups for 5 years. i would have green a loooong time ago and might even be a citizen by now ... just never really bother applying until '04...

hang in there ... you'll be fine ...is my coworker told me the GC process is like a hindi movie -- chaoes in the beginning but in the end everyone will work out just fine.


Posted by cygent (9) 2 hours ago
She81 - I have exactly same feelings as you. I have also become -ve & it has affected my personal life and time & again disturbs my professional life too (and this is after the hurdles we have to cross by already being on a damn visa with unscrupulous employers)

patientgirl - Ditto here. I had no clue about this mess when I first came 10 years ago. Now I don't want to go down without a fight, and boy what a fight it is, more than a battle, a bloody war without any end in sight. Live & learn I guess. It's tough.


Posted by nirvana13 (11) 1 hour 50 minutes ago
Yeah same here, I today received the whole package for renewing my H1-B it is almost an embarrasing situation to do this for the 9th year. The opportunity costs have been too high my peers in India they are running a riot with thier carrers and here as well. My sister says there are thousands who coming back home. I don't feel like signing my carrer off to a bunch of backlog centers. Negative !!!!!!!!!!!!! you don't want to even imagine how negative I have become.


Posted by srimatha (6) 1 hour 24 minutes ago
i cant agree more with you all. Just like Mr Humble , i am here in this country since 98. Had i applied for GC then , i would be applying for citizenship by now than chasing after backlogs and USCIS IOs.

In India , there is a saying " Jaise Kerni , waise bharni" ( As You Sow, So You Reap). I am just becoming philosophical and often times negative thinker too.

all the time @ work i could only think of Karma , Nirvana, going back to India, family back home. I think GC, to me , has become more of an achivement than a necessity at this point. I am not sure whether i would really enjoy USA and a GC if i get it in next 3 years.

I am just venting it out but dont have any concrete ideas of what i am saying , so dont give me suggestions like "Go back to india".


Posted by blackbeard (1) 1 hour 2 minutes ago
I am getting fat sitting at my computer addicted to trackitt.


Posted by TroySJ (4) 56 minutes ago
Hay Guys,

I am really frustrrated, I have passed my 6n month on 485 and I am waiting for the I140 now, My ND is on NOV, How long do you think I should wait... Whats your estimate

Thanks a lot,

Troy


Posted by cygent (9) 47 minutes ago
Sorry to give you the news, but you are looking at a 1 yr. wait. Thats my estimate. NSC is processing 03/10/07 now, so Nov. = +7 months, hence you can expect something by year-end. Avg. time now is ~ 365-425 days for I-140


Posted by TroySJ (4) 36 minutes ago
Sorry to give you the news, but you are looking at a 1 yr. wait. Thats my estimate. NSC is processing 03/10/07 now, so Nov. = +7 months, hence you can expect something by year-end. Avg. time now is ~ 365-425 days for I-140




Hi, How do you say that NSC is processing March 2007, while USCIS processing date for I140 is June and also on Teackitt 95% of people on March 2007 are already processed. I can even see a lot of people's I140 from Oct and Nov already processed >40%,

Another question is that how do you say the average ti,e os ~365-425 while on tracjit the average is around 200 days, are they other resources that you are using

Many thanks

Troy
(reply) (report this)
Posted by cygent (9) 29 minutes ago
Here you go -


sort by Response Time - The top 100 are the most recent (approvals from Jan, or so), average them out.




Posted by reyon33 (82) 28 minutes ago
I will go back to China, after getting the GC. Why? For insurance. I believe I can make a lot more and more happy in my country. However, there is always what if. What if I cannot find a job, what if I hate to live there. When I have my GC, if I don't do well in China, I can always come back and find a job. Yes, the air is cleaner, the traffic is better and life is more relax in the US, but all my family are back home. I have lots of friends here, but how can friends compare with family. I have been here for 6.5 years. Compare with many Gurus, I am just a baby on this boat. Another few years won't kill me. I am exchanging a few years for the insurance of the rest of my life. I am very frustrating like many of you, but let's hold on together, it will end one day. Just like Paul said, I fought the good fight, I finish the race, and I keep my faith. I know it is not really accept in here, but we will have the satisfaction at the end.




Posted by TroySJ (4) 21 minutes ago
Hi,

I have checked the USCIS Processing time thousands of times like everyday, As far as I understand there the EB2 processing date is: June16-2007 and the EB3 Processing date is March 10-2207... Please correct me if I am wrong?

Thanks




Posted by nylubn (11) 19 minutes ago
Hi ,I could not agree with you more.Its as if you have expressed my feelings.I have been here since 1999 and applied for GC in 2004.
Right now I cant stay here and cant go back to India.
Have invested too much time here and just very frustrated.



Posted by om140 (10) 18 minutes ago
From last 5 months....Every 1 hour I browse this website. It feels like I am living in a golden cage and waiting for the freedom.



Posted by TroySJ (4) 4 minutes ago
From last 5 months....Every 1 hour I browse this website. It feels like I am living in a golden cage and waiting for the freedom.

I think there are lots of people like you, these web sites are addictive, I look up the damn thing at least 100 times a day and only get more and more frustrated lol

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home