Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I'm a friend of Laphroaig

The other day I ran out of Scotch...ok ok, of GOOD Scotch! :)

So an emergency trip to the booze store was in need.

I got in my car with not much in mid other than to go browse, read the little labels and buy something. The only commitment I had at that time was to get something new.

After about 20 minutes of browsing, I had my eyes on a very humble-looking white and green box and thought "heck, a Scotch from a small island within an island seems like fun".

Little did I know I was embarking on a true journey.

To cut to the chase, I ended up getting a bottle of Laphroaig, which happens to be the MOST smoky scotch made AND also Prince Charle's favourite. (Yes the "u" here was intentional ;) )

But also each bottle comes with a certificate for a square foot of land on the island where the distillery is located. You just go online, type in your code, claim your plot and you even get to see a satelite picture of where your plot is. Brilliant!

Just yesterday my certificate arrived in the mail and it is super cool. I can also check out online who my "neighbours" are and chat with them.

For those of you wondering if I am going to visit my plot soon, my answer is a quiet nod and a giggle.

Slainte Mhath!

http://www.laphroaig.com/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home